CSC40115 Certificate IV in Correctional Practice
DaV’ange Training is offering Certificate IV in Correctional Practice (CSC40115). This qualification covers the competencies allowing experienced staff to reflect advanced practice and greater team leadership roles. It allows staff to achieve recognition for specialist organisational roles and for pathways into management roles and cross-sector specialisations.
The CSC40115 Certificate IV in Correctional Practice requires eighteen (18) units to be completed for successful completion. Unit selection is comprised of five (5) compulsory units and thirteen (13) elective units.
- CSCORG006 Work effectively with culturally diverse offenders and colleagues
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- CSCORG008 Gather and report complex information
- CSCSAS020 Manage security
- PSPOHS301A Contribute to workplace safety
- CHCCM402E Establish and monitor a case plan
- CSCOFM010 Support offender to maintain positive relationships
- CSCOFM015 Implement planned approach to offender management
- CSCOFM018 Provide guidance and counsel
- CHCCM401D Undertake case management
- CSCINT002 Assist offenders to change behaviour
- CSCOFM004 Protect the safety and welfare of vulnerable offenders
Multi-modal Delivery Method
This program is self paced and delivered in multiple modes. Choose the mode most suitable to your needs and experience;
Online: for student wishing to engage in an intuitive and dynamic online learning experience from anywhere they can connect
Workbook: for students who want to scribble, read, turn pages and pour over the detail
Face to face: we deliver the programs as traditional workshops for organizations and employers looking to grow staff knowledge and skill. We can contextualize to the agency’s needs and context, assist with change management and organizational messaging.
Rapid RPL ™: Our rapid RPL process is for experienced workers and volunteers who require accreditation for knowledge and experience they already have. Employers, don’t pay to teach you staff things you have already taught them? Have it recognized and move onto training the gap.
Assessment is undertaken throughout the training program. It is competency based and may require the completion of written questions, projects, a portfolio of evidence and workplace observation. You will not be required to do complex assignments or exams outside of the training. Detailed information will be provided to you about your assessment during induction and in workshop sessions.
Assessment will be conducted via a combination of the following methods:
- Direct observation of your participation in the workshops
- The provision of work samples demonstrating the ability to undertake work based tasks to the required standard
- 3rd party reports from supervisors
- Interview based assessment
- Online training (if required)
Unless otherwise specified, all training days will begin at 9:30am and finish at 2:30pm. The training units are covered in a (1) day RPL Interview session. This session will be face to face.
Attendance at scheduled training days is critical for your learning journey. If you are unable to attend any of the scheduled sessions, please advise DaV’ange as soon as possible so that alternate attendance can be organised. If you do not attend a session without notice, alternate learning arrangements can be made.
We are proud of the superior quality of our training and the training team lead by former QUT Lecturer and former Senior Training and Development Officer from the Queensland Corrective Services Academy. We believe we have the most flexible programs available on the market due to our unique multimodal approach. Your trainer is able to respond to any training related questions or concerns you may have as you progress through the program.
Fees vary according to government funding, please refer to www.davange.com.au
This qualification usually costs $2995. There are number of payment methods available. We do have a Time to Pay Payment Plan option for eligible students. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to discuss your specific circumstances.
There are a limited number of places. Eligibility criteria applies.