CHC42015 Certificate IV in Community Services
This qualification covers Staff who provide a range of services and interventions across the community services. Work may take place in a range of contexts such as in home care, community based organisations, residential rehabilitation services and outreach services and workers may have supervisory responsibilities.
The CHC42015 Certificate IV Community Services requires fifteen (15) units to be completed for successful completion. Unit selection is comprised of seven (7) compulsory units and a minimum of eight (8) elective units.
The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete 15 units in total, including 7 core units and 8 electives.
Relevant units of competency from previous formal training may be used as credit towards this qualification. Please discuss this with your trainer.
- CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCCCS004 Assess co-existing needs
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCCDE003 Work within a community development framework
- CHCGRP002 Plan and conduct group activities
- CHCPRT002 Support the rights and safety of children and young people
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCYTH001 Engage respectfully with young people
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCYTH003 Support young people to create opportunities in their lives
We are proud of the superior quality of our training and the training team lead by former QUT Lecturer and former Director Training and Specialist Support Branch of Child Safety, Director of Operational Training in the Department of Communities and Training Director for Qld Health, David Bradford. We believe we have the most flexible programs available on the market due to our unique multimodal approach. Your Trainer is able to respond to any training related questions or concerns you may have as you progress through the program.
Multi-modal Delivery Method
This program is self-paced and delivered in multiple modes. Choose the mode most suitable for your needs and experience.
For the student wishing to engage in an intuitive and dynamic online learning experience from anywhere, they can connect.
For students who want to scribble, read, turn pages and pour over the detail.
Face to face
We deliver the programs as traditional workshops for organizations and employers looking to grow staff knowledge and skill. We can contextualize to the agency’s needs and context, assist with change management and organizational messaging.
Our rapid RPL process is for experienced workers and volunteers who require accreditation for knowledge and experience they already have. Employers, don’t pay to teach your staff things you have already taught them. Have it recognized and move onto training the gap.
Assessment is undertaken throughout the training program. It is competency based and may require the completion of written questions, projects, a portfolio of evidence and workplace observation. You will not be required to do complex assignments or exams outside of the training. Detailed information will be provided to you about your assessment during induction and in workshop sessions.
Assessment will be conducted via a combination of the following methods:
- Direct observation of your participation in the workshops
- The provision of work samples demonstrating the ability to undertake work-based tasks to the required standard
- 3rd party reports from supervisors
- Interview-based assessment
- Online training (if required)
This is a self-paced program and you may use any combination of the above delivery methods.
Unless otherwise specified, all training days will begin at 9:30 am and finish at 2:30 pm. The training units are covered in a (1) day RPL Interview session. This session will be face to face.
Attendance at scheduled training days is critical for your learning journey. If you are unable to attend any of the scheduled sessions, please advise DaV’ange as soon as possible so that alternate attendance can be organised. If you do not attend a session without notice, alternate learning arrangements can be made.
Training and Delivery Strategy
Your attendance dates will be listed in the schedule and sent to you at least 2 weeks prior to your first training session.
Assessment items and due dates will be advised in each session.